Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sexiest man in the world is...

Gerard Butler.  Hands down.  Well, for today anyway.  He just has this thing about him that's so irresistible to me.  I saw The Ugly Truth with Alex, which Gerard is in without his sexy accent, this afternoon and I enjoyed it.  It wasn't anything special though.  But I'd say it was worth my money.  Funny, cute, sweet, predictable - all things expected from a romantic comedy.  I read some reviews and it has been completely ripped to shreds by the critics.  Mostly because it's "nothing new."  Also, I've decided for sure that I don't really like Katherine Heigl.  I don't like her as Izzie either.  She just has this unlikeable quality that I can't put a finger on.  Anyway, what I meant before was that the people who go to see romantic comedies (generally) already know what they want to happen and they just want to see it unfold on screen.  For example, The Break-Up had an unconventional ending, and a lot of people didn't like it.  

The theater had so many posters for movies that are coming out soon that I want to see!  
Like:



Have I ever mentioned how much I love Robert Downey Jr?
And, of course

I thought this poster sums up my life pretty perfectly right now:



"You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies.  All of life's riddles are answered in the movies." - Steve Martin


3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see post-grad and the time travelers wife! I saw the Harry Potter movie tonight, and the directing was so good. The story kind of felt 'in between' books though (I guess cause they left out a lot of the book).

    I love going to movies in the summer. I think summer is the perfect season for going to the theater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i saw that post grad poster i thought of you too! haha not in a bad way of course

    ReplyDelete